Cranberry-Orange Agave Breadfrom 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking
by Camilla V. Saulsbury
Ingredients:2 cups whole wheat pastry flour 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2/3 cup agave nectar or liquid honey
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 2/3 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
This and many other wonderful recipes may be found in Camilla V. Saulsbury's
5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, orange zest, orange juice, agave nectar and oil until well blended.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently fold in cranberries.
4. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Storage Tip Store the cooled bread, wrapped in foil or plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Alternatively, wrap it in plastic wrap, then foil, completely enclosing bread, and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw at room temperature for 4 to 6 hours before serving.
Copyright © 2012 Epicurean.com & Robert Rose
All rights reserved